What is Functional Medicine?
Functional Medicine Clinic Hoboken NJ: Functional medicine is also referred to as “root cause medicine” and through detailed analysis of each individual’s medical history and lifestyle, Dr. Chiara seeks to identify and address the unique factors that are contributing to your health. These include biochemical makeup, toxic exposures and genetics.
By shifting the traditional disease-centered focus of medical practice to a more patient-centered approach, functional medicine addresses the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms. Functional medicine practitioners spend time with their patients, listening to their histories and looking at the interactions among genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and chronic disease. In this way, functional medicine supports the unique expression of health and vitality for each individual.
Functional Medicine Areas of Focus
All care is provided directly by Dr. Chiara, there are no secondary providers. Phone or video visits can be arranged in lieu of in-office functional medicine visits, after the initial in-person consult, if that method is preferable.
- Individualized Preventative Care
- Hormonal: Thyroid, Adrenal, PCOS, Menopause, Andropause
- Digestive: Reflux, Irritable Bowel, Inflammatory Bowel
- Eczema, Psoriasis, Asthma, Allergies
- Metabolic Syndrome/Diabetes/Weight loss
- Hypertension/High cholesterol
- Chronic gynecologic infections
- Insomnia, Anxiety, Depression
- SIBO- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth
Functional Medicine Packages
We currently offer several functional medicine programs for patients based on medical complexity:
12 Month Program: up to 5 office visits
6 Month Program: up to 3 office visits
- First office visit is 90 min, second is 60 min and subsequent visits are 30-45 minutes.
Included in Functional Medicine Packages:
- Personalized nutritional plan.
- Personalized supplement plan, with access to a full range of professional products online at 20% off retail prices.
- Unlimited direct email access to the doctor and brief phone consultations if issues directly related to the program may come up in between visits.
- Access to specialty functional medicine lab testing with detailed analysis and review, tailored to the individual (tests are typically not covered by insurance and range $100-200 per panel on average).
Contact Dr. Bianca Chiara, MD Directly
While most conventional medical practices have limited contact with their patients, Hoboken Family Medicine and Women’s Health take a much different approach. Any patients who take advantage of the functional medicine packages get unlimited email access to Dr. Chiara. They can contact her with any questions they may have along their journey to optimal health. Additionally, Dr. Chiara provides her patients with brief phone consultations if issues directly related to the program may come up in between visits.
Smart, Knowledgeable & Pleasant. This doctor is the best I’ve met she was extremely knowledgeable. I have not been able to loose weight since I had my child 6years ago. She was able to diagnose and point me in the right direction. I have a metabolic syndrome and a insulin resistance. with proper diet and medication I will be able to be healed. I have been to doctor after doctor they all said go to the gym work out and watch what you eat. I am thankful she was able to see beyond. I highly recommend her!
Schedule Your Appointment with Bianca Chiara, MD
133 Madison St, Hoboken, NJ 07030
Call (201) 420-6445 or Click Below to Request an Appointment Online:
the button to schedule your appointment! Schedule Appointment
Tues: 10:00am - 7:00pm
Wed: 12:00pm - 7:00pm
Thurs: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Fri: 9:00am - 4:00pm